Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Reminiscing

by Tennessee Godin | Poetry

Today it's been a year,
A year without you here. 
I miss you more than you could know,
I know you didn't want to go. 

Your life was taken away,
And I miss you more
With each passing day,
I will always remember, 
You yelling at me to go and find cover. 
Yet I didn't run, nor did I hide, 
I stayed grounded by your side.

You told me to enjoy,
And to cherish my life,
You said this isn't goodbye.
"This isn't where we end,
This is only where we begin."

You died with a bullet to the skull. 
I stood helplessly,
As your life began to dull.

Please don't leave me,
Can't you stay? 
I'll miss you if you go away. 
You looked up at me,
And smiled through your tears,
"I love you" were your final words,
Right before your soul left this world.

I know you can't hear me when I say,
That I cry for you every single day,
And if you had survived,
I'd have held you,
Until all your tears had dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment